CAR OWNERS VIP CLUB
To promote Franchise Dealers commitment to improve customer service "We want your business and are prepared to earn it" - by providing for:
· New Car Customers
· Used Car Customers
· Service Customers
A series benefits, including:
· National 24 hour roadside assistance
· National 24 hour breakdown/towing
BENEFITS TO DEALER - OVERVIEW
New Car Sales
Currently when a franchised dealership sells a new vehicle, the customer is at liberty to visit any number of service departments representing that particular manufacturer. If the customer becomes comfortable with another dealership through service then there is a possibility that any current or future sales that the customer be involved in, or have influence on, could go to a rival dealership.
The objective obviously would be have them return to your dealership 3-4 years or more for service, and additional benefits, therefore enhancing your dealership chances for continuing sales.
Used Car Sales
Traditionally, dealerships have found it very difficult (and many don't even try) to convince used car buyers to return to their dealership for service. This seems strange when one considers the amount of money spent on advertising and promotion to attract used car buyers to the dealership, and the amount of income that can be generated by servicing and replacing parts on used vehicles. Also used vehicle buyers are always interested in upgrading more often than new car buyers, so it should be in the forefront of the dealer's mind to lock these customers in for service over an extended period.
Across Australia, franchised dealers have found it difficult to convince customers to remain in the service department longer than the manufactures warranty period. Many methods have been tried, discount clubs, maintenance clubs, etc.,
The customers tend to leave and go to "independent land" for a number of reasons. Some of these are they perceive it to be too expensive and inconvenient to drive across town to a franchised dealer, the independents also provide non-genuine parts at cheaper prices.
The service department's other problem is that there maybe no major benefits available that would really have the power to stop the customer from changing to another dealer with the same franchise.
Major Benefits of Franchise Dealers Car Owner's VIP Club.
1. All New Car Customers, used Car Customers and Workshop Customers are issued with "Franchise Dealer's VIP Customer Card", offering benefits free to their customers such as:
· 12 Months Roadside Assistance
· 12 Months Towing Service
The major proven benefit of this breakdown and towing service is that generally the Franchise Dealer will be the only dealership that benefits when one of their registered car owners runs into difficulty; it may be a minor problem such as a flat battery, but in many cases major mechanical work is required, and once the vehicle has been delivered to the dealer's workshop, then
obviously they would do the repairs. Customers registered by the dealership are returned only to their service department from within a 20 kilometre radius. The average repair bill that results from our towing service is in excess of $200.00
2. The "VIP" free service can be featured in Dealer's promotional material for:
· New Car Sales
· Used Car Sales
· Service Department promotion etc., and becomes another powerful "Closing Tool" at point of sale.
3. Customer Service Reminder Letters and follow up material including the free 24 Hour Roadside Assistance availability provide a customer with a positive reason to return their vehicle for maintenance and repairs.
4. Customers enjoying the benefits of the free service will talk to others, providing valuable source of referral sales.